#
Sisli Vip Transfer

Where did the name of Şişli come from?

No matter where we start, we come across a very colorful Şişli, which has become a symbol of modernization, suffered a bit of unplanned urbanization, once a place of exile, but became a favorite of Istanbul over time. There may be tens of districts and districts that not many people living in Istanbul, which has a population of 15 million, do not see, but there is hardly any Istanbulite who has not seen Şişli or lost their way. In a sense, Şişli is the heart of Istanbul. So, where does the name Şişli come from? According to the most common view regarding the source of the name of the district, the name of the district has survived to the present day as "Şişlilerin Mansion", when the "Şişçilerin Mansion" was built here by a family dealing with the production of skewers and called "Şişçiler".
Historical places in Şişli
Şişli has been the pioneer of multicultural life since the first settlement started in the 1500s. This lifestyle is also reflected in the artifacts found in the region. From the Saint Esprit Church to the Şişli Mosque, from the Bomonti Brewery to the Radio House, there are many works that bear the traces of development and change in Şişli. We can list the works that cost Şişli as follows:
You can make a pre-reservation for vip tour in historical places of Istanbul at vipupp.com.tr
CHURCH OF SAINT ESPRI
Saint Esprit Church was built by the Pope's representative, Hillereau, by architect Gaspard Fossati. Its construction began in 1845, and it was opened for worship in 1846. It has been repaired many times until today. There is a statue of Pope Benedict in its garden. On the ground, there are catacombs with religious identities, where important people are buried. The founder of the church also lies in one of these tombs. The church is currently located in the courtyard of Notre Dame de Sion French High School on Cumhuriyet Street.
NOTRE DAME DE SION HIGH SCHOOL

The building of Notre Dame de Sion was built in 1846 by Monsignor Hillerau, the Vatican's deputy in Istanbul. The building was originally used by Lazarist nuns as a girls' boarding school. However, Lazarist nuns were more concerned with the elderly, sick, orphans and orphans of the Catholic community. Therefore, in 1856, they were replaced by the nuns of Notre Dame de Sion, who specialized in education.
After the proclamation of the republic, radical changes took place in the structure of Dame de Sion: all religious symbols in the school were removed, the nuns left their religious attire. With the admission of male students in the 1996-1997 academic year, the school became mixed.
Notre Dame de Sion, with its long façade, is the witness of the urbanization of the region between Taksim and Pangaltı. In 1846, when the building was built, there was neither the Radio House across it, nor the apartments lined up towards Taksim on the one hand and Pangaltı on the other. In the place of the Radio House, there was an Armenian Cemetery extending to the area where Gezi Park is located today.
The school has been hosting events such as concerts, theater and exhibitions in some of its halls for a while. It has a large garden filled with horse chestnut trees, which have not changed since the Ottoman period, and a small courtyard that wisteria blooms in spring.
ABİDE-İ HURRIYET MONUMENT
Abide-i Hürriyet Monument, one of the important monuments in Istanbul, built to commemorate the suppression of the March 31st Revolt, is one of the important symbols of Şişli. 31 March Incident, II. It is a great uprising against the government in Istanbul after the proclamation of the Constitutional Monarchy. It was called by this name because it started on March 31, 1325 (April 13, 1909) according to the Rumi Calendar. The uprising, which lasted 13 days, II. It is considered as one of the most important events of the Constitutional Monarchy period.
A commission was established by the Committee of Union and Progress, under the supervision of Sultan Reşad, for a monument that will symbolize the martyrs of March 31 and the memory of the Constitutional Monarchy with the name Abide-i Hürriyet, and a project competition was opened. Muzaffer Bey's project won the first place. The foundation of the monument was laid on July 23, 1909, with a ceremony attended by the sultan, and it was opened with an official ceremony on July 23, 1911. Marble and stone were used in the construction of the monument, which was built on geometric forms. The monument begins on an equilateral triangular base with a marble cannonball placed at its three corners. At the top is the high form in the form of a cannon barrel. On the front of the barrel, there is a bronze cast relief composition that includes a life buoy, ship anchor, 11 bayonet rifles and a waving flag motif, symbolizing the story of freedom. The names of the martyrs of March 31st are carved on three sides of the monument in hexagonal seals. The tombs are located inside the mihrab wall in the interior of the monument, which is arranged as a mosque. Unionists were also buried in the tomb.
Opposite the monument is the tomb of Grand Vizier Mahmut Şevket Pasha, who was assassinated in 1913. Talat Pasha's body was brought from Berlin in 1943, Mithad Pasha's body was brought from Taif in 1951, and Enver Pasha's body was brought from Tajikistan and buried here. The graves of Unionists Mithat Şükrü Bleda, Eyüp Sabri Akgöl and Atıf Kamçıl are also located here.
ATATÜRK MUSEUM

Located on Halaskargazi Street, the Atatürk Museum, which attracts attention with its pink color, is also known as the Revolution Museum. The building, which was one of the places where Mustafa Kemal Atatürk lived at the time, serves as a museum today. It is referred to as the pink house in Atatürk's memories.
Italy, Gallipoli Peninsula, Çanakkale, Samsun, Iskenderun... Many places have been occupied by the enemy; Mustafa Kemal said of the occupation forces that they "go as they come". The first steps to turn this promise into reality were taken at the house on Halaskargazi Street in Şişli. Mustafa Kemal Atatürk, together with his comrades in arms, made plans for salvation in this house where he lived with his mother, sister and aide. He left the house he rented in December 1918 towards Samsun on 16 May 1919. The house was bought by Hatice Mediha Hanım, the wife of the İzmir Governor and deputy Tahsin Uzer, in 1924, and a commemorative plaque was placed on the exterior with the inscription "Gazi Mustafa Kemal Pasha prepared the liberation of the homeland in this house in 1335 (1919)" with a ceremony held on 14 November 1924. . Istanbul Municipality bought the house on 28 May 1928 and turned it into a museum. On June 15, 1942, it was opened to visitors by the Governor and Mayor of Istanbul, Lütfi Kırdar, under the name Atatürk Revolution Museum.
Atatürk Library and meeting hall are located on the ground floor of the museum. Name of the first floor: Occupation of Istanbul and the First World War. On this floor, which is divided into three rooms, there is Atatürk's personal room, the room where he planned the War of Independence and the room where the belongings of his aide, Cavet Abbas Gürer, are exhibited. The name of the second floor: Proclamation of the Republic. The rooms on this floor, which are divided into four, are named after the War of Independence Period, Post-Republican and Istanbul, the Journey to Eternity Room, and the Painter Vittorio Pisani.
It is possible to see many memories from Atatürk's personal belongings to his uniforms, from photographs of his military and civilian life to handwritten documents in the museum. The museum has been free to visit since its establishment in 1942.
TESVIKIYE MOSQUE
Teşvikiye Mosque was built in 1854 by Sultan Abdülmecit. On the site of the mosque, III. There was a mosque built by Selim in 1794-1795. It is estimated that the first architect of the building was Krikor Amira Balyan. Garabet Balyan and his son Nikogos Bey worked together. The mosque later II. It was repaired by Yuvan Efendi in 1877 during the reign of Abdülhamid and by Küçük Yorgi Kalfa in 1891-92. The mosque, whose architecture is remarkable, is located on a rather large garden. In the wide courtyard of Teşvikiye Mosque, III. Selim's 1790 and II. There are sighting stones indicating that Mahmud took aim with a rifle in 1811. To the south of the mosque, at the corner of the courtyard, there is a fountain and a timetable, whose construction date is estimated to be 1854 - 55.
If you are looking for the comfort of your home while visiting the historical places of Şişli, choose vipupp.com.tr.
NIGHTLIFE IN SISLI
In a city that never sleeps, in Şişli, one of the districts considered the center of the city; There are many entertainment venues in different concepts that you can choose to continue your Istanbul trip with evening entertainment.
Among the nightlife venues in Şişli, where there are many bars, nightclubs, concert halls, pubs, event venues, live music, taverns, folk song bars and restaurants; You can find entertainment options that appeal to different types of entertainment and are suitable for different budgets.
Between them; In the entertainment clubs of Şişli, where there are classic venues in Istanbul nightlife or places that have not yet come to the fore and undiscovered; You can dance until the first light of the morning, chat with delicious cocktails, experience the tavern culture, listen to folk songs or find the opportunity to dance to pleasant music.
If you want a relaxed and comfortable night in Şişli's nightlife, without getting stuck in traffic. You can reach our vip vehicles at vipupp.com.tr.